Introduction of the company
PROTECH Sp. z o.o. deals with metal forming, cutting, bending, welding and the production of coal boilers. Owner’s success strategy is based on modern machine park and savings. For this reason, they are interested in improving productivity and reducing costs by building on this competitive advantage. The company has already implemented ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001.
Context and stakes
The main argument for joining the project was the possibility to carry out the audit without the cost and eventually achieve savings in the consumption of energy carriers. These savings can be invested in the development of the business.
Energy efficiency measures implemented in company
The company implements numerous energy efficiency measures. Activities indicated in the developed energy audit and implemented by the company include: heat recovery from compressors and modernization of paint shop. Transportation fleet was also modernized – three cars were replaced (for fulfilling the requirements of EURO 4) and replacement of four more is planned for November 2019. Now the company is also changing the lighting (to LED). The company also installed PV panels (with a capacity of 20 kW), the installation of another 20 kW is being implemented. PROTECH Sp. z o.o. replaced two laser cutters and now is preparing to replace two more.
The results obtained
Heat recovery from compressors saved 102,615 kWh of primary energy, representing 1.4% of total energy consumption. Modernization of paint shop reduced primary energy consumption by 148,248 kWh (2.1% of total primary energy demand) and the heat recovery of the paint chambers reduced primary energy consumption by 18,000 kWh (0.2%). In total, the modernization of the paint shop reduced the primary energy demand by 167,000 kWh (2.3%). The replacement of three cars resulted in a saving of approximately 1,800 kWh of primary energy (0.02%). The lighting replaced so far has resulted in savings of approx. 45,000 kWh (0.6%), and after the entire investment has been completed, the reduction of primary energy demand will increase to 90,915 kWh, which gives 1.3%. The current photovoltaic investment resulted in a reduction of the demand for primary energy by 118,000 kWh (1.6%). By replacing two laser cutters, savings of approximately 30,000 kWh (0.4%), were achieved.
All investments made so far have reduced the demand for primary energy by approximately 510,000 kWh, which gives a 7.1% saving in the company’s total primary energy demand.
PROTECH Sp. z o.o.
Romana Rybarskiego 1, 32-640 Zator