EE-Metal project emphasises the implementation of the ISO 50 001 Energy Management System standard, in order to ameliorate continuously the energy performance and to achieve important energy savings.
By implementing the ISO 50 001 EMS standard, companies are engaged in a continuous improvement of energy performance and savings, processes and methods. That will lead them to adopt the energy efficient measures expected by the project.
Compared to earlier regulations, ISO 9001 (quality management system) and ISO 14001 (management of the environmental system), the ISO 50 001 is an Energy Management standard. It is based on the specific nature and energy consumption of organizations, aiming to use energy more efficiently.
ISO 50 001 innovation is the definition of requirements for companies, in order to gain:
- Sustainable management and a new energy concept on energy efficiency.
- Fixed targets and objectives to achieve energy efficient policies.
- A better understanding on energy use.
- Measurable results.
- Long-term reduction of energy consumption.
- Continuous improvement of energy management.