The 7 partners who have been collaborating for 3 years within the the EE-METAL program met on 13 and 14 February in Pamplona to draw a positive assessment of this program.
AIN has hosted the final meeting of the EE-METAL Project, of which AIN is a coordinating partner, held on 13 and 14 February in Pamplona.
The aim of the meeting has been to review the Project results, and activities carried out. As part of three-year project, small and medium-sized enterprises from the MMA sector were offered a wide range of services and solutions for increasing energy efficiency.
The main results of project activities are:
- developing od Common audit methodology for determining potential energy saving measures in SMEs of the MMA sector applicable at EU level,
- adaptation of the ISO 50001 standard in companies of the metalworking sector applicable at EU level,
- creation of the Database of Best Available Techniques (BATs) applicable in the MMA sector, presenting technical solutions and possibilities to increase energy efficiency,
- realization of 81 Energy Audits, based on the methodology developed, and preparation of the Report on the potential energy saving measures in SMEs of the metalworking sector of 4 EU countries: France, Spain, Poland and Italy, showing the energy analysis and the obtained measurements of saving from the energy audits realized at sectoral level, by country as on a global scale,
- implementation and certification of the ISO 50001 system in eight SMEs: MAVIFLEX and RHONALU (France), Mori 2A and La Cibek (Italy), Meprozet Stare Kurowo Sp. z o.o. and Elmot Sp. z o.o. (Poland) and CROMADOS OREJA and INREGAL S.A. (Spain),
- implementation of the energy monitoring system (EMS/SCADA) in four enterprises: TECHNOCOAT (France), SBM (Italy), Meprozet Stare Kurowo Sp. z o.o. (Poland) and INREGAL S.A. (Spain), and preparation of the Report with results of the experience,
- carrying out a study on the existing possibilities and innovative contracts for financing energy efficiency measures, which is reflected in the Report on Technical measures, energy service contracts and financial products for increasing energy savings in MMA SMEs.
- conducting numerous workshops, trainings and seminars for trainers, employees and management teams, getting:
- 114 trainers y 159 SMEs professionals trained
- 177 companies participating in workshops on ISO 50001 implementation and Energy Monitoring System implementation
- 136 companies participating in workshops on financial options available to undertake energy efficiency measures in SMEs of metal sector
- other general dissemination activities, as newsletters, participation and organization of conferences,….
- possibility of international benchmarking.
If you want to know more about conclusions, results and tools developed during the project, please visit our website and take advantage of solutions that improve energy efficiency.